Hey followers or shall I say Hola! Hope everyone is having a happy and healthy day. So Cinco De Mayo just passed as all of you know and I wanted to share a recipe with all of you for amazing fish tacos and a Pico de Gallo recipe that has my boyfriend singing my praises **Which is always a plus 😉
- FRESH OR FROZEN FLOUNDER FILETS (or any fish of fancy..lol)
- SOFT CORN TORTILLAS
- SMOKED PAPRIKA
- TONY CHACHERES ORIGINAL CREOLE SEASONING
- THAW OUT FROZEN FILETS IN A BOWL OF COLD WATER. (KEEP FISH IN PACKAGE DURING THE THAWING PROCESS) FOR FRESH FISH BEGIN SEASONING.
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 400 DEGREES
- ONCE FILETS ARE THAWED OUT SEASON FILETS GENEROUSLY, BE CAREFUL WITH OVER DOING IT WITH CREOLE SEASONING IT’S SALTY AND VERY SPICY BUT O’SO GOOD!
- AFTER SEASONING CUT LIME IN HALF AND JUICE HALF OF A LIME ONTO FISH. KEEP THE OTHER HALF AND CUT INTO WEDGES TO GIVE TO EVERYONE FOR ADDED CITRUS FLAVOR OVER TACOS.
*MARINATE FISH FOR AT LEAST 30 MINUTES.
IF YOU DON’T HAVE TIME TO MARINATE DO IT FOR ATLEAST 5 MINUTES SO THE FISH CAN SOAK UP THE MARINADE. *Trust me don’t skip this part*
5. PLACE FISH ON LINED BAKING SHEET AND BAKE IN THE OVEN FOR 10-15 MINUTES OR UNTIL YOUR FISH IS OPAQUE AND FLAKY.
6. WHILE FISH IS IN THE OVEN HEAT CORN TORTILLAS ON A GRILL, OVER OPEN FLAME ON A GAS STOVE OR IN A HOT SKILLET ON THE STOVE TOP. TURN THEM WHEN SMALL BROWN SPOTS APPEAR, TRANSFER TO A SHEET OF FOIL, AND WRAP.
7. AFTER FISH IS COOKED AND TORTILLAS ARE GRILLED BEGIN ARRANGING YOUR YUMMY FISH TACOS TO YOUR LIKING.
I personally love my fish tacos with my homemade Pico De Gallo spooned over top and that’s pretty much it. The explosion of flavor you get from the spicy citrus flaky fish the warm hug of that corn tortilla and the seriously mouth-watering flavorful Pico is just so amazingly fresh, light and extremely fulfilling you won’t want this experience to end.. Until your jeans start to get tight.. lol
I had cute taco holders that I bought at Christmas Tree Shop awhile ago to hold them in. They also work wonders if you have little ones too! Made some white rice and my famous black beans. Sliced some avocado up and of course had to have an ice cold Corona w/ lime to top the entire experience off.
*QUICK AND EASY PICO DE GALLO RECIPE:
- 1 LARGE RED ONION MINCED.
- 2-3 ROMA TOMATOES DICED.
- 1 JALEPENO MINCED
- 1/2 CUP CILANTRO ROUGHLY CHOPPED.
- 2 LIMES JUICED
- S&P TO TASTE
MIX ALL INGREDIENTS IN A BOWL AND VOILA! THE MOST AMAZING AUTHENTIC FRESH SALSA THAT YOU CAN TOP ANYTHING WITH.